SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offers impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers who have a child or young person with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability or have concerns that their child has special educational needs. They also offer impartial and confidential information, advice and support to young people and children with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability or who have concerns they may have special educational needs.
SENDIASS can help you with
- Confidential support and someone to talk to in confidence
- Advice and information about special educational needs
- Independent Support for children, young people and families as Statements are transferred to EHC Plans
- Preparing for meetings with your child’s school or with professionals who are working with your child
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a parent, children’s rights and SEN law and guidance
- Information about local support groups and voluntary organisations
Helpful SEND Tribunal videos
Cambridgeshire SENDIASS, along with other SENDIASS in the Eastern Region, have been working with Suffolk to produce videos for parents providing information and advice about appealing to SEND Tribunal. The first two series are now available.
- Appealing the refusal of a request for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment
- Appeal other Education, Health and Care Plan decisions (not refusal to assess)
Where any reference is made to Suffolk SENDIASS or departments you should refer to Cambridgeshire SENDIASS - contact details are at the bottom of this page.
There is also an HM Courts and Tribunals Service film on video hearings and the SEND tribunal.
SEND Information, Advice and Support (SENDIASS)
Cambridgeshire County Council, ALC2630, New Shire Hall, Emery Crescent, Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Weald, Huntingdon, PE28 4YE
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential helpline open during term times: 0300 365 1020
Outside of term time please leave a message as a small number of staff are available to answer queries but it will take time for them to respond to your enquiry.