Where to get help and support

young girl facing the camera talking to a adult female who is facing away from the camera

If you are worried about your child, talk to someone you trust such as your doctor, health visitor, teacher at your child's school as soon as possible. They will be able to listen to your concerns and begin the process of identifying how to help you and your child. On this page, we have listed links to some teams or organisations that you can also contact for help and support.

SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

Cambridgeshire's SENDIASS (provided by the Parent Partnership Service) supports parents, carers and young people aged 16+ with confidential, impartial information, advice and support about special educational needs.

Find out more about how SENDIASS can help you and how to contact them 

Pinpoint - Cambridgeshire's Parent Carer Forum

Pinpoint is the Parent Carer Forum for Cambridgeshire. They support parent carers of children and young people aged 0 -25 years with additional needs or disabilities. As a parent carer forum, Pinpoint enable the Local Authority to fulfil its statutory requirement to listen, engage and work together with parent carers for the benefit of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their families.

Visit pinpoint's website for more information and to get in touch

Help and advice from social care

We have a range of support and advice available for families, carers, children, young people with special educational needs and disabilities. You can find out more about social care support for children and young people with disabilities.

Health services

If you have concerns or questions about your child’s health, talk to your doctor, health visitor or school nurse. They can help with a wide range of health issues and any concerns you might have about your child’s development. They can also refer you to specialist health services depending on your child’s needs.

Mental health information and services

There is a 24/7 crisis mental health services available for people of all ages who are distressed or worried about their mental health. Find out more about the First Response Service.  

Keep Your Head brings together good, reliable information on mental health and wellbeing for children and young people as well as their families and carers.

Kooth is a free online service that offers emotional and mental health support for children and young people aged 11 – 19.  Children and young people can have a "drop-in" chat with a counsellor or therapist or book a one-to-one session.

Local and national groups

There are many voluntary and charitable organisations, both local and national, that offer information, advice and support.

Search the Local Offer Directory for details of local, national and voluntary organisations,  as well as local authority and health services.

Support for carers

Information, advice and support for carers in Cambridgeshire is provided by Caring Together (formerly Carer's Trust), on behalf of the Council.

Telephone: 0345 241 0954
Email: hello@caringtogether.org

Related Pages

  1. SEND Service 0-25
  2. SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
  3. Support for families
  4. Health

Related Services

  1. Pinpoint: Cambridgeshire Parent Carer Forum
  2. Caring Together


Skip back to top of page