What is the SEND Information Hub (Local Offer)
All local authorities working with their partners must publish information about how children and young people 0 - 25 who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are supported in their area.
This is known as the Local Offer. In Cambridgeshire we call it the SEND Information Hub.
The SEND Information Hub includes information on:
- services that are available to everyone, such as schools and GPs
- targeted support and services for children and young people who may need some additional, short term support
- specialist services for children and young people who have complex needs and need longer term specialised support
What information is included in the SEND Information Hub?
- how early years providers, schools and colleges identify and support children with SEND
- specialist services that support children and young people with SEND
- childcare and funding
- health services and support
- Education, Health and Care assessments and plans and personal budgets
- school and college transport
- schools and college funding for children and young people with SEND
- how local services are planned and delivered (joint commissioning)
- strategies and plans for supporting children with SEND
- Service and support directory
Local offers from nearby local authorities
Accessing the SEND Information Hub without a computer
We are very aware that not everyone feels confident to use information technology or that every household owns a computer. Therefore, it is essential that other ways of accessing this information is made known to these groups of people.
To make the SEND Information Hub accessible to all, the following arrangements are in place:
- The Send Information Hub (Local Offer) is available from a smart (mobile) phone
- Libraries across the county will help search for information online.
- Support services such as SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) will help you navigate the SEND Information Hub
- Community groups and organisations such as Pinpoint are available to assist and help you
Glossary of Useful Words
On the Glossary page you can find useful terms that you might come across.
Local Offer annual report
During the year we have worked with parents and carers, young people, providers in Health, the Local Authority, schools and settings and the voluntary sector to review and improve the information.
Read the Local Offer annual report.